The KNCPC is mandated to promote the adoption of contemporary tools of environmental management in Kenyan industrial establishments and the related service sector. The tools currently being promoted by the Center include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaner Production (CP)/Pollution Prevention (PP)/Waste Minimization (WM).
- Environmental Audits (EA).
- Energy Audits (EnA).
- Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001).
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Standard (OHSAS 18001 and 18002).
- Fire and Safety Audits.
- 5S Japanese Philosophy of Total Quality Environment.
- GEMBA KAIZEN (Lean Manufacturing).
- Environmental Performance Evaluation (EPE).
- Environmental Cost Accounting (ECA).
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Life Cycle Design (LCD).
- Corporate Environmental Reporting (CER).
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Guidelines.
- Green Supply Chain Management (GSCM).
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA).
- Quality Assurance Systems and ISO 9000.
Apart from the center offering consultancy and training services in all the areas listed above, it also offers pre-packaged training services and tailored training sessions for its diverse clients.